At Free Association, our tight-knit team of makers collaborates closely with our clients, embedding on-site at times for seamless teamwork. And we see packaging as a critical touchpoint in the holistic user experience. This role treats packaging an extension of the iconic products at this innovative, IoT home automation partner. As part of a cross-functional team, you'll craft a premium unboxing experience, develop content strategy, and design all components of the packaging including the selection of materials, production vendors, and product quality.
- A type nerd. You love playing with shape and brand expression through form factors
- An eye for detail - if something is off by a pixel, you'll know
- Paper aficionado - you know the difference between cotton and linen
We’d Like To See Someone Who Has
- Strength to work with brand systems and production requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Intuitive ability to translate complex ideas into clear, simple design solutions
- Management skills to work on multiple projects, appreciate priorities in a fast-moving team
- Ideally 2+ years of experience in print and/or packaging design
- BFA, BA or BS degree in graphic design or related discipline
We’d Also Love If You’re
- Motivated by users and bring a customer-centric approach to the work
- Excited by sustainable techniques and materials
- Fluent with production and prepress
What You’ll Do Once You’re Here
- Use the brand system and packaging requirements as creative boundaries that help you to innovate packaging
- Design the entire unboxing experience, from outer packaging to all packaging print inserts and the tiniest of details
- Actively participate in your team and lead / contribute to design reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Collaborate with senior packaging designers, creative directors and multiple teams and stakeholders on delivering exceptional solutions
- Maintain immaculate design files throughout the design development process and work with the Production team to create flawless mechanicals
About Free Association
We explore big ideas and define strong value propositions, relentlessly iterating through insight, ingenuity, and craft to build products people love to use. Since we're not an ad agency, we maintain a flat organizational structure. We work in very small teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 3 weeks + 10 holidays off
- Stocked fridge with goodies
- Incentives for development
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.