At Free Association, our tight-knit team of makers collaborates closely with our clients, embedding on-site at times for seamless teamwork. We need a hands-on senior design leader who gets the ins and outs of digital brand and marketing for our IoT home management account. Someone who likes to get in the work and really shape the narrative of the experience.
- Thoughtful, systematic thinker who is passionate about championing user-centric design and modern best practices
- Skilled at crafting crisp interfaces and intelligent design systems, and have a strong brand-led design sensibility
- Keen intuitive sense but think in terms of hypotheses, tests and data to help inform your decision making
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to multi-task and work efficiently under pressure with careful attention to detail
- A strong background in creative problem solving, strategic brainstorming, campaign development, creative brief development and creative execution
What We're Looking For
- 8 + years of experience with relevant consumer brands, agencies, studios and/or startups
- Problem-solving skills that account for brand, new initiatives, and new products
- Passion for design - who can shift platforms and media without hesitation
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Hands on, driver of design solutions for a blended team of UX, design and client stakeholders
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and/or design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Deliver strong storytelling through compelling visuals in various mediums: illustration, photography, video, animation and desktop and mobile platforms
- Conduct workshops & brainstorming sessions with internal design team members or with client to define narrative and visual design direction for new campaigns and products
- Manage the various budgets, vendors, and partners for each initiative and across media and platforms
- Build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts — clearly and concisely express themselves and explain their ideas
- Collaborate with brand, UX, strategy, and tech teams to develop creative concepts and approaches, developing original design concepts as well as overseeing project design all the way through execution
- Ready to present work to executive-level client stakeholders and represent Free Association at all stages of engagement
- Provide direction and leadership to designers working on their project teams and scope design phases of projects accurately and efficiently
About Free Association
We explore big ideas and define strong value propositions, relentlessly iterating through insight, ingenuity and craft to build products people love to use. Since we're not an ad agency, we maintain a flat organizational structure. We work in very small teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 3 weeks + 10 holidays off
- Stocked fridge with goodies
- Incentives for development
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.