At Free Association, our tight-knit team of makers collaborate closely with our clients, embedding on-site at times for seamless teamwork. We need a Senior Copywriter to lead concept and execution of the ad campaigns and various cross-functional communications at our IoT home automation partner. This is an exciting opportunity to represent the brand voice for a leading IoT brand and to lead cross-functional teams in the development and execution of world class creative.
- Self-starter with a strong sense of responsibility, accountability, and responsiveness.
- You’re a highly thoughtful, creative thinker who is passionate about communication, branding, and writing.
- You can internalize a brand voice and positioning and find novel and effective ways to express it to their audiences
- A cross-channel thinker, understands the complexity of scaling creative across channels and comfortable adapting creative to shifting contexts, mediums and devices
- A natural leader, able to nurture and coach a team to get the best out of them
What We're Looking For
- 8+ years of relevant experience with an consumer brand, agency, studio or startup
- Senior-level experience launching conceptual, strategic campaigns.
- Efficiency to work through a lot of copy on a tight timeline with clean and clear results
- Can write the brand style guide, but understands when and how to stretch the rules
- Extraordinary written and verbal communication skills, especially great with headline, and body copy.
- Strong ability to think visually.
- Ability to write everything from product demos, to more conceptual, brand videos.
- Enthusiasm for collaboration across disciplines
- An exceptional portfolio of relevant work samples with success metrics and rationale for decision-making
- Proven experience leading multi-disciplinary teams and giving creative direction that inspires innovative solutions
- Skilled mentor and coach for junior team members
- Ready to present work to executive-level client stakeholders and represent FA at all stages of engagement
- Provide direction and leadership to cross-functional team members
- Ability to build relationships, understand client vision/direction and present designs and concepts — clearly and concisely express themselves and explain their ideas
- Experience working collaboratively with all levels of designers and copywriters
- Need to be able to clearly and concisely express themselves and explain their ideas
We’d Also Love If You’re
- Deeply experienced in the full range of media involved in a robust campaign or product launch including digital screens (desktop and mobile), display ads, emails, radio spots, video, search, social brochures, point of sale materials, print ads, etc.
- Excited by mentoring younger copywriters, creative producers, and editors
- Geeking on new technology products, especially in the home automation space
- You'll be tackling multiple projects with minimal supervision
- Collaborating with cross-functional teams to develop & oversee ad campaigns from concept to execution
- Presenting work to executive-level client stakeholders and represent FA at all stages of engagement
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We’re looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.