At Free Association, our tight-knit team of makers collaborates closely with our clients, embedding on-site at times for seamless teamwork. In this type of ambitious environment, we need an interaction designer for our IoT home automation partner - a person who push the limits web-based communication and can bring screen-based projects to life.
- Thoughtful, systematic thinker who is passionate about championing user-centric design and modern best practices
- Skilled at crafting crisp interfaces and intelligent design systems, and have a strong brand-led design sensibility
- Keen intuitive sense but can think in terms of hypotheses, tests and data to help inform your decision making
We’d Like To See Someone Who Has
- 4+ years of experience with an exceptional portfolio of relevant work samples, design artifacts and rationale for decision-making
- Strong visual sensibility with an eye for typography, layout, composition, and storytelling
- Fresh illustration style and ability to bring abstract concepts to life
- Experience in digital design, specifically designing web products, mobile apps, and responsive content platforms
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and enthusiasm for collaboration across disciplines
- Ability to take design direction and follow a design ecosystem
We’d Also Love If You’re
Experienced with creating high-fidelity prototypes and motion design tools like AE, Principle, Framer or Quartz / Origami
What You’ll Do Once You’re Here
- Create designs both independently and collaboratively
- Execute design direction from ACD and creative leadership
- Create production ready assets
- Collaborate with other designers and team members for innovative, on brand, digital solutions
- Create original illustrations that can be used across social media, email and online
About Free Association
We explore big ideas and define strong value propositions, relentlessly iterating through insight, ingenuity, and craft to build products people love to use. Since we're not an ad agency, we maintain a flat organizational structure. We work in very small teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 3 weeks + 10 holidays off
- Stocked fridge with goodies
- Incentives for development
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We’re looking forward to hearing from you!
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.