Executive Directors at Free Association (FA) provide both tactical and strategic leadership to our teams, and ensure that we are providing measurable value to our clients. This role manages toward the company’s business and financial objectives and is responsible for building and maintaining the trust of our clients.
The Executive Director, Creative Operations, will oversee our hardware marketing team embedded at Google. In this role, you will focus on account management, team-building, and employee experience, and will work in an environment where our clients feel like an extension of our team. This role requires a leader by example; someone who is entrepreneurial, and who is comfortable providing mentorship to other director-level teammates.
The ideal candidate will work out of our office in Oakland, CA and collaborate onsite with our team and clients in San Francisco and Mountain View, CA.
- 8+ years of experience in an agency, consulting organization, or marketing department focused on talent management, production, operations, or client services / customer success
- 3+ years of experience building and leading teams of 10+
- Experience working with a multidisciplinary team and a wide range of stakeholders including designers, writers, producers, marketing managers, strategist, plus operations and finance leads
- An enthusiastic leader and manager who can provide overarching direction to the team, as well as mentorship at the individual level, in a fast-paced environment
- Expert relationship builder who enjoys driving progress, instilling new process, and cultivating new business opportunities
- Strong financial acumen with experience scoping, managing, and projecting budgets
- Serve as primary contact and ensure exceptional support for our client leads across packaging, copywriting, retail design, production and creative operations
- Serve as primary contact for onsite Design Directors, Creative Directors, and Operations Directors to ensure the team is thriving and delivering excellence
- Ensure the team is setup for success and work closely with FA People Operations and onsite directors to help assess and ensure progress against employee development objectives
- Partner with FA People Operations to identify talent needs, recruit and assess prospective hires, hire and onboard new teammates and contractors
- Work with Head of Partnerships and other Executive Directors to create and execute strategic account plans
- Cultivate and capitalize upon opportunities to grow our existing team and find new revenue streams
- Be a point of escalation for resolving issues, mitigating risk, and managing our client relationship
- Responsible for the account-level P&L, support budget negotiation, contract development, and monitor and report on financial health
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.