We are looking for a Packaging Designer to work with our cross-functional creative team to craft a premium unboxing experience, develop content strategy and design all components of high-quality packaging. This role treats packaging as an extension of iconic brands and products and is an exciting opportunity to shape the customer experience across a wide range of brands. The ideal candidate can collaborate onsite with our creative marketing team in Mountain View, CA.
- A type nerd. You love playing with shape and brand expression through form factors
- An eye for detail - if something is off by a pixel, you'll know
- Paper aficionado - you can tell the difference between 100 pound cotton and 100 pound linen at 50 paces
- Strength to work with brand systems and production requirements
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Intuitive ability to translate complex ideas into clear, simple design solutions
- Management skills to work on multiple projects, appreciate priorities in a fast-moving team
- Ideally 4+ years of experience in print and/or packaging design
- BFA, BA or BS degree in graphic design or related discipline
- Use the brand system and packaging requirements as creative boundaries that help you to innovate across a variety of specs and products
- Design the entire unboxing experience, from outer packaging to all packaging print inserts and the tiniest of details
- Actively participate in your team and lead / contribute to design reviews and brainstorming sessions
- Collaborate with multiple teams and stakeholders on delivering exceptional solutions
- Maintain immaculate design files throughout the design development process and work with the Production team to create flawless mechanicals
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.