We're looking for a Product Designer to join our team on-site in Sunnyvale, CA. In this role, you’ll help design software tools that help manage cloud services and technical infrastructure. You'll collaborate closely with research, product management and engineering to design products used by data center employees and business analysts. The optimal candidate will have experience with data visualization and feel comfortable iteratively inventing and improving software in a complex, technical environment.
Product Designers at FA are experienced hybrid designers who are obsessed with both form and function. Systematic and holistic, they are comfortable working at any phase of the product life cycle, blending traditional UX and visual design skill-sets with a high bar of quality and attention to detail.
What We're Looking For
- 4+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong portfolio of relevant UI/UX work samples
- Ability to distill complex problems into simple and effective solutions
- Experience collaborating with cross-functional teams
- Intuitive design instincts with the ability to track into research-driven processes
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, highly iterative and collaborative environment
- Ability to self-manage and maintain momentum in times of ambiguity
- Experience with prototyping tools like Principle, Framer, or After Effects
- Experience creating, using and/or managing design systems
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thoughtful, systematic and highly organized
What You'll Do
- Design products for enterprise-level UI/UX
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Collaborate with product managers, researchers and engineers on product strategy and requirements
- Create site maps, flowcharts, diagrams and other high-level UX documentation
- Develop new design concepts, frameworks and interaction models
- Present and share work with the team and other stakeholders
- Work with engineering & QA teams through implementation details
- Participate in workshops, user testing sessions and other research initiatives
- Work with and contribute to internal design standards and supporting documentation
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.