We're looking for a Design Lead to join our team. In this role, you’ll bring hands-on design expertise and leadership to a variety of product design and service challenges.
Design Leads at FA are senior hybrid designers with leadership experience spanning the entire product development lifecycle. They are passionate design practitioners and leaders who bring expertise and perspective across complex design challenges. In collaboration with the Design Director, you’ll serve as the principal hands on the work, establishing process and setting the bar for execution.
Outside of client work, you’ll provide informal mentorship to other designers, contribute to the company’s body of design knowledge, and help shape our POV on emerging design frameworks, processes and tools.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience
- Strong portfolio showcasing cross-platform digital product expertise
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex problems into simple and effective solutions
- Ability to guide the entire product design process, from concept to release
- Experience collaborating with engineers to realize prototypes and guide implementation
- Experience mentoring designers
- Intuitive design instincts with the ability to track into research-driven processes
- Ability to self-manage, provide feedback and make decisions as-needed
- Experience with prototyping tools like Principle, Framer, or After Effects
- Experience creating, using and managing design systems
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thoughtful, systematic and highly organized
What You’ll Do
- Focus on hands-on UI/UX design and process
- Create sketches, storyboards, prototypes, and design specs necessary to guide development of product experiences
- Develop new design concepts, frameworks and interaction models
- Provide informal mentorship and set the bar for other designers
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on product strategy and requirements
- Create site maps, flowcharts, diagrams and other high-level UX documentation
- Present work to client stakeholders, defending and articulating design rationale
- Act as key day-to-day communication layer between internal and external team members
- Lead workshops and help drive cross-disciplinary initiatives
- Help manage the product backlog and task prioritization
- Create and/or oversee on-going development of design systems and supporting documentation
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.