We are seeking a design-minded Engineering Lead to join our team in Dumbo, Brooklyn. In this role, you will work alongside diverse product teams designing solutions to complex UI/UX challenges.
Engineering Leads at FA are highly experienced software developers with a focus in interface development. They are deeply knowledgeable of user-experience design practices, patterns and methodologies and are highly adaptable to both new technologies and project constraints. As a lead, you will serve as the principal hands for the work in collaboration with the Engineering Director.
Outside customer work, you will have a key voice on the team through informal mentorship and knowledge sharing opportunities.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of relevant industry experience building products across a variety of languages, frameworks and platforms
- Demonstrated ability to distill complex problems into simple and effective solutions
- Experience mentoring both fellow developers and non-engineering teammates.
- Intuitive design instincts with the ability to track into research-driven processes
- Ability to self-manage, provide feedback and make decisions as-needed
- Experience building, using and managing design systems
- Strong written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Thoughtful, systematic and highly organized
What You’ll Do
- Focus on hands-on UI/UX prototyping and development
- Collaborate with internal and external teams on product strategy and requirements
- Assess constraints, business goals and customer needs to make technical decisions
- Build and maintain design systems, reference portals and documentation layers
- Present work to client stakeholders, defending and articulating technical rationale
- Act as key day-to-day communication layer between internal and external team members
- Lead workshops and help drive cross-disciplinary initiatives
- Help manage the product backlog and task prioritization
- Provide informal mentorship and set the bar for other engineers
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.