We're looking for a full-time Office Manager to work out of our Brooklyn studio and collaborate with our team throughout the US. In this role, you will be primarily responsible for keeping Free Association’s Brooklyn studio humming, beautiful, and organized. You will also support leadership and project teams centered in New York and the Bay Area with administrative tasks such as scheduling and project coordination. You will be influential in shaping company culture and work to create an environment conducive to creativity and collaboration.
- Positive, energetic, easy-going, social, and thoughtful
- Takes initiative; comfortable being self-directed
- Clear, concise and proactive communicator, written and verbal
- Excellent organizational skills; an ability to work quickly with careful attention to detail
- Proficient with Mac hardware, standard office software and Google Apps
- Tech / IT / Security savvy
- Bonus points for advanced spreadsheeting skills, experience with expense reporting software and/or knowledge of financial software.
- Interest in digital product design, service design, interior design, or project management a plus
- Serve as the point person for office duties including: supplies, equipment, maintenance, expenses, and errands
- Office concierge; welcome visitors, answer phones, provide support to guests
- Liaise with office management vendors, including cleaning, IT, and security services
- Partner with People Ops to refine and implement studio workflow and guidelines
- Assist in the recruiting and onboarding process for new hires
- Support special internal or project-specific requests from the internal design team
- Plan and manage company and cultural events like parties, workshops and off-sites
- Executive administrative tasks; book travel, expense reports, coordinate meetings
- Manage office budget
While previous experience as an Office Manager or Administrative Assistance is preferred, it is not a requirement.
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.