Product Directors act as the lead representative of our teams and are the cornerstone of collaboration and success between Free Association and our partners. This role guides the discovery, definition, and creation of high-performing digital products. Product Directors drive a collaborative, agile approach to work and uphold Free Association’s best practices in Strategy and Management.
Our teams are small and senior, and often function as an extension of our clients’ organizations. As a Product Director, you’ll partner with some of the brightest minds in design and technology. An entrepreneurial spirit, combined with the ability to orchestrate consensus and action, is essential for this role.
Individually, we encourage all Product Directors to lean into a specialized area of interest and drive lateral influence within the discipline. We support continuous learning and experimentation to ensure growth in this role.
What We're Looking For
- 7+ years of experience leading cross-functional product design teams at an agency, consulting firm, or in-house
- Ability to develop trusted relationships with your team and partners by delivering results and bringing a heightened sense of empathy to all you do
- Proven experience in a specialized area, i.e. user experience research, strategy, design, or product management
- Demonstrated skill and appreciation for all aspects of business management, including engagement scoping, sprint planning, resourcing, and financial tracking
What You’ll Do
- Serve as a primary lead for our team and client partners, ensuring we deliver desired outcomes on time
- Drive the creation of product vision, strategy, and roadmap, drawing upon your specialist superpower
- Maintain up-to-date awareness of product backlog, output, team and client happiness, and financial health
- Contribute to Strategy & Management discipline best practices by upholding processes, frameworks and measuring team productivity
- Identify and lead thoughtful organic and incremental business development
About Free Association
We build wisdom through experimentation and invent better ways of doing things. We work in product and marketing teams where all teammates get involved in the design process and interact directly with clients.
Benefits & Perks
- Full benefits including medical, dental and vision
- 401k matching
- 4+ weeks PTO
- Regular open studio talks and design summits
- Annual learning stipend
- Parental leave
- Pre-tax commuter benefits
- Flexible spending account
- Fun team excursions & cultural activities
- Subsidized transport (when applicable)
- Stocked fridge with goodies
How To Apply
If you're interested in learning more, drop us a line at email@example.com with your resume and a link to your portfolio. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
We believe in a diverse workforce and are an equal opportunity employer. We encourage all qualified candidates to apply! Sorry, but we don't offer Visa sponsorships at this time.